The emergence of frameworks and technologies isn’t something unusual today. Of course, it’s quite complicated to follow all the trends. But software development companies are the ones to keep up with them to provide the best quality service.
What is React JS?
React is definitely on top when we talk about the JS libraries. It is a scalable as a well powerful solution for creating single or multi-page apps. React is a front-end library used for creating a user interface that’s flexible, high-performing, and easy to maintain. This is the main reason why it is so fast. As to the pros and cons of React, we’d like to single out the following:
- The one-way flow of data (or one-way binding) owing to which debugging is performed way quicker, than, say, Angular.
- Owing to reusable components, the development time is shorter as you get separate components and put them together based on what you are expecting to receive as a final solution.
- Legacy applications can be updated without completely rebuilding them, i.e., the app’s current legacy state is preserved, yet updated.
- Access to a large scope of support libraries.
- As an open-source technology, React allows saving costs on development and support.
- Complex documentation may delay the beginning of the development process.
- Being comparatively new, there aren’t as many ready solutions within the library as can be expected, hence, it may take some time to establish one.
- It requires additional technologies or frameworks for building a product or service.
- A developer remains in a constant learning mode since React has frequent updates to it, which may be challenging to keep up with.
Popular services like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Netflix, Yahoo! Mail, Dropbox, and others were created with React.
What is Angular JS?
Angular is an open-source front-end framework that’s well-known for its simplicity when creating web applications. It uses TypeScript along with HTML to build apps. In addition, large scope of libraries is utilized when developing a page’s functionality. The TypeScript libraries are imported into the system that is under development.
The framework is valued for its clean and comprehensive code, and, most importantly, comparatively small frequency of errors appearing. It’s high-performing and can operate on various operating systems.
The core advantages of Angular are:
- A vast number of tools are included from the Angular team that allows rapid data placement to the application.
- Since there is no need to use third-party tools, Angular ensures an advanced cybersecurity level.
- A high consistency level leads to even higher productivity through well-developed documentation that helps save a lot of time for the development teams.
- Prompt error or bug detection leads to fast testing and debugging.
- Great for large applications owing to the enhanced scalability.
- The code is easy to maintain and update wherever it is necessary.
As to the framework’s disadvantages and challenges, these are
- A large number of versions can be confusing to the learners.
- SEO options are very limited, resulting in low visibility in the search engine tools.
Among the most popular and renowned products Angular is used for are YouTube, Netflix, Gmail app, MS Office, Upwork, Forbes, and many others.
What is Node.js?
Node.js allows building backend for high-performing apps. Among the major benefits are simple operations as well as maintenance. There will be no issues with introducing any changes a client might request since there are no issues in making alterations to the code. Node.js is also widely utilized in web server development or server applications.
The main features of Node.js include
- The use of the same code on the client and server sides
- Constantly growing NPM
- Immense community support
- Perfect for large-scale applications development
Like other technologies, Node.js also has several disadvantages. Firstly, unstable API, therefore, the alternations are introduced manually. Secondly, if you’re working with high CPU load tasks, Node.js won’t be a good choice. And, finally, any third-party services that you want to integrate with Node.js may become challenging or won’t even run.
What is Vue.js?
Vue.js is a JS framework used for building websites or cross-platform applications. It is one of the best solutions for creating a Single Page Application owing to its simplicity and allows quick problem-solving regarding any interface development issues.
Key advantages are
- Two-way data binding
- Simple integration
- It’s small
Among the major drawbacks that Vue.js has is the absence of important plugins and that it is suitable for small scale only.
The popularity of the JS libraries, technologies and frameworks is hard to break as they help to build and maintain diverse applications and pages while saving a ton of time on the development.
It is mandatory to analyze and carefully go through the specifics of a project prior to choosing a tech stack to build your solution. Such aspects as the complexity of the project, the amount of data, compatibility, and prospects are all taken into account before the final choice is made.
READ ALSO: DEBUNKING POPULAR MYTHS AROUND .NET