We are looking for an Experienced System Administrator with extensive Docker / AWS experience to join the development team for our European client, the fastest growing Natural language understanding Conversational Self-Service technology providers in the world. You can find their technology in Alpha Bank, OTP Bank, MT Bank, Renaissance Credit Bank, in cellular operators, and others. You are going to become a part of a talented software team that delivers the latest NLU technologies in Banks and Mobile Network Operators across the world
- Support & expand – Maintain our AWS-hosted infrastructure. You’ll need to monitor and proactively plan and configure aspects of the infrastructure as well as liaising with other parties both internal and externally to improve our performance and improve reliability. As you would expect with a role such as this when situations arise you may need to react to outages outside of the business day, to either deal with an issue or act as an escalation point
- Thinking out of the box and anticipate challenges – It is imperative we are not simply reactive, we must expect challenges and question technologies, procedures and think already in place, you will be expected to constantly review and challenge at all levels.
- Eager to learn – You have expertise with what you’ve worked on and an eagerness to learn where you haven’t worked before. Today we rely heavily on AWS, Docker Swarm, Gitlab CI, Postgres (with Java, Python and React/Angular for development) as well as a great number of additional applications for functions such as monitoring and networking. We are however always open to new tools & techniques to get the job done more effectively.
- Versatile – We work with agile/lean methods. We’d much rather iterate and learn than assume we know all the answers.
- Engineering excellence – Constantly looking for new ways to improve our infrastructure and leverage the capabilities AWS (and others) provide us with.
- Team player – You don’t (always) work in isolation and are excited by the thought of using your team whilst involving product, experience design, engineering and more in the process.
- Must have skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in software engineering
- Extensive experience in operating a container orchestration cluster (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, ECS/Fargate or similar)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, Terraform/CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, ElastiCache)
- Understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, HTTP
- Willing to learn how to automate/scale the deployment of Python and Java applications
- Experience with continuous integration (Gitlab CI, Jenkins or similar)
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Working knowledge of Java, Python or Go
Will be considered as a plus:
- Telephony knowledge (SIP, VoIP)
- Experienced in Linux Administration (CentOS, RedHat)
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge of Web Server Administration (Apache-HTTP, Apache-Tomcat)
- Basic Database knowledge (MySQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Familiarity with Virtualization (VMware)
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus/Grafana, Zabbix, Nagios or similar)
We offer friendly working conditions with competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Comfortable working environment
- Friendly team and management
- Competitive salary
- Regular performance-based compensation review
- Flexible working hours
- 100% paid vacation, 4 weeks per year
- 100% paid sick-leaves
- Corporate and team building events