Day after day the number of websites increases. No matter what sphere your life is connected to, if you have a hobby, a business or just an interesting project, running a website connected to that lifework is always a good idea. Moreover, in the world where web technologies can do even more than a human, creating a website is as easy as a, b, c.
The market of CMS platforms is full of different options, and rarely there’s a man who won’t find the one appealing to his tastes. TYPO3 takes its well-earned place among Top 15 content management systems. What drives people to choose very this platform when there are tons of other options available?
- add special coloring to your website with the help of different extensions. There’s TYPO3 extensions repository, where you can choose the tools your website needs and install them via TYPO3 admin dashboard in a few clicks;
- provide you with a user-friendly interface: built-in editors, customizable extensions, diversity of user permission accesses;
- include multiple and independent types of content on every page separately;
- support more than 50 languages and own a built-in localization system, therefore allows publishing content in multiple languages.
- be used by amateurs – the installation and the first site management steps are the tough matter for beginners and need some minor coding knowledge;
- work smoothly if you are going to have less than 20 or more than 5000 pages on a website;
- operate fast if a website is supplied by extensions and modularity as the platform require more server parameters.
What Might Be the Alternative?
Of course, there’s no sinless CMS platform, and TYPO3 is not an exception. Again, as far as the CMS market is full of multi-functional platforms, there’s an alternative for everyone.
- WordPress is probably the most popular software application providing a great background to create any type of website with any complexity. More and more users leave their web homes and move to WordPress to extend the website with the help of plugins (and believe there is a countless number of them). The unbeatable WordPress community provides a welcoming place to go in case of any troubles.
- Being easily customizable and suitable for pretty many purposes, Joomla has gained its popularity and is currently trusted by millions of users all over the world. The software is supplied by loads of nice extensions which allow any Joomla website to grow and scale as required.
- Drupal is one of the first choices of developers when building robust, powerful, enterprise-level websites. Especially the platform prides itself on being secure and flexible CMS option which makes the website not only look good but work as well.
Speaking about moving TYPO3 content to another CMS, lots of complicated code and tiring copy-paste work come to mind. But thanks to the migration services like CMS2CMS, the transfer might be done in a fully automated way. What’s special about that service is a FREE demo migration one can run to preview the final migration result.
Summing up, it’s obvious that TYPO3 has earned its place among tops by right because the platform help to create a fully operational website from scratch. But it has its drawbacks just like every single thing in this imperfect world. Still, it’s up to a web project creator whether to enjoy the features TYPO3 offers or to try something different. Luckily the choice is always available.
About the Author:
Valia Tyssiachna is a vivid CMS platforms observer, that’s why she found her dream job of marketer manager at CMS2CMS migration service. Keen English learner, music lover and passionate content writer, she enjoys constant improvement and is open to challenges.