We are looking for a very smart and ambitious Senior PHP Engineer to join product development for our USA client, product domain is Healthcare. The aim of the platform is to enhance patient care through quicker delivery of medical devices and pharmaceuticals by bridging the digital gap between patient, provider, supplier, manufacturer, and payer.
- 5+ years designing and developing production web applications.
- 5+ years deploying and maintaining scalable, mission-critical systems.
- Strong grasp of software architecture; design patterns, data structures, algorithms, OOP.
- Understanding of software performance; resource utilization, benchmarking, optimization, bottlenecks.
- Understanding of security and privacy concepts; access control, encryption/decryption, identity management, cryptography, policies and procedures, OWASP vulnerabilities.
- Strong focus on clear, concise technical documentation and comprehensive testing (unit, integration, browser, etc).
- Strong focus on best-practices and coding standards; IETF, W3C, IEEE, NIST, ISO, PSR for PHP, ES7 for JS.
- Experience working in collaborative software teams; SDLC (agile, scrum, dynamic, or continuous), VCS, project management tools (Atlassian JIRA + Confluence).
- Previous experience developing scalable and performant REST API’s.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol: status codes, headers, caching, etc.
- Experience with scaling software solutions; high availability, distributed environments, replication, failover, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience working with Message Brokers such as Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Working with USA schedule (2 p.m. —10 p.m)
- Work with development team to produce production quality code (needs to contribute in all phases of the dev cycle)
- Collaborate with development team to design, implement, test, and deploy solutions
- Participate in Code Reviews
- Participate in meetings and scoping sessions
- Write technical documentation (scoping documents, technical guides on solutions etc)
- Perform system monitoring, optimization, and high performance tuning
- All other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Backend: PHP 8 / Laravel 10
- Systems: Linux, Nginx, Docker
- VCS: Git
- Database: RDMS/ORDMS, SQL, PostgreSQL
We offer friendly working conditions with competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Comfortable working environment
- Friendly team and management
- Competitive salary
- Free English classes
- Regular performance-based compensation review
- Flexible working hours
- 100% paid vacation, 4 weeks per year
- 100% paid sick-leaves
- Corporate and team building events
- Medical insurance (50% is paid)