The year 2020 has started on a bright note for CiviMobile community: the mark of 1000 CiviMobile users and 450 installations is now crossed. On such occasion CiviMobile team pulled all the strings to prepare a special gift for a growing CiviMobile community.
The gift is now up for grabs!
We invite you to celebrate this important milestone with a new improved version of CiviMobile 5.0. It’s even more secure, user-friendly and above all supports a wide audience of unregistered users.
New Opportunities for Unregistered Users
The focus this time around was squarely on raising the nonprofit organization’s profile among the unregistered users and thus reaching wider target audience.
From now on unregistered users who have no access to CiviCRM will use CiviMobile to view all public events and register for selected ones. When public events are activated, user receives an access to all public information (event description, start/end date, participants, contact email, address and Google map location) and event registration screen. Registration on CiviCRM website is no longer a requirement for accessing mobile app. CiviMobile team significantly simplifies the registration process by making it available from the mobile app.
Support of unauthenticated users will expand with future releases to include public petitions, donations and organization news.
To secure the best user experience, CiviMobile 5.0 includes improvements for security, usability and app localization process, in particular:
- CiviCRM data is accessed with a pin code for higher level of protection
- login process is automated with QR code scanner for fast authentication
- push notifications pop up on mobile devices informing about user-related activities even when the app is not running
- CiviMobile gets replaced with users’ organization custom names
- interactive demo session for first-time users is launched
- app localization process is further optimized and successfully completed for English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Hungarian, Ukrainian, and Polish CiviMobile users.
The roadmap is laid down and more enhancements focused on interaction and simplicity are planned for CiviMobile oncoming releases. New features for registered and unregistered users are already under way as well as extended event functionality and in-app purchasing. Give CiviMobile 5.0 app a try and stay with us for more updates.