Are you looking for interesting and exciting news in the tech world? You are in the right place, today we …
TYPO3 Regulation Adoption System for a Hospital Operator
How can the board of directors of a large hospital operator employing over 100,000 medical workers know all the needs of a separate hospital? What about the needs of an Anesthetics or Cardiology departments of this hospital? Should hospital management make buying decisions on their own? Should they lobby the requests for both new medical equipment and new medical gloves?…
Our recent case shows there is a way to give employees the chance to voice suggestions concerning improvements to the material base and to help the management make only well-grounded financial decisions. So, let us tell you more about the effective and secure regulation adoption system we developed for a Europe’s leading private hospital operator.
The operator has already automated many of its business processes using a comprehensive TYPO3 platform created to its needs. Now, it wished to expand the functionality of the platform and let its 100,000 employees working in acute care hospitals, outpatient centers and prevention clinics create and vote for hospital regulations.
The task was far from being easy, as it was necessary not only to develop a system with very complex logic and state transitions depending on events, but also to ensure its good performance on TYPO3 and integration with the core platform. Moreover, the TYPO3 platform managed huge amounts of sensitive data – operator’s patients use it to get test results, schedule appointments, and view treatment history and the operator services 10 million patients each year! This resulted in elevated security demands to the IT company that would work on the project. Eventually, Agiliway was chosen as an experienced and trusted development company to carry out the solution.
To achieve clock-like performance of the regulation adoption system, it was necessary
- to define all subtle conditions of adopting a regulation that should be implemented in the automated system;
- to resolve TYPO3 performance issues as implementing new complex logic on an open source content management system was expected to slow down the platform;
- to integrate the regulation adoption system with the core TYPO3 platform;
- to make the system reflect a complex hierarchy of a hospital operator comprising many hospitals and outpatient centers with its own departments, multi-level management, medical and technical workers;
- to implement strict access rights considering both credentials and geolocation information;
- to analyze logs in order to recognize and effectively respond to system needs.
- to analyze events causing the change of regulation status to see if any conditions might interfere the process of regulation adoption.
Consistently addressing all project challenges, Agiliway TYPO3 experts have developed an elaborate TYPO3 regulation adoption system and integrated it with the core hospital platform shared my millions of users.
The system is characterized by
- Elaborate access management defining eligibility rules in each separate case of regulation adoption;
- Multiple user roles and conditions defining who can perform them. For example, the role of an approver and an editor can be performed only by a higher management; range of voting members vary depending on the choice the creator of a regulation.
- Several types of regulations. Regulations vary in scope and may concern a single department or the entire network of hospitals.
- Complex conditions determining the change of regulation status. For example, automatic voting is considered completed when at least 80% of eligible voters have casted their votes. Approvals by eligible users voting takes place both before and after the procedure of voting.
- Version control. Since eligible users may modify a suggested regulation on various stages of its adoption, there is a version control allowing the system to distinguish between various variants of one document.
A comprehensive TYPO3 system carried out for a large network of hospital facilities ensures that all the relevant stakeholders take part in the discussion of a new regulation and most of them support the regulation being adopted. This allows a leading hospital operator to effectively respond to the needs that emerge on various levels the organization and make well-grounded investment decisions.
Agiliway is happy to have further expanded our experience in TYPO3 and business processes automation. We are ready to work on new challenging projects. If you feel like this might be yours, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Be the first to find out about new Agiliway articles
Subscribe for our newsletter
Our recent news
In today’s rapidly evolving business landscape, companies are constantly seeking innovative ways to optimize their operations and reduce unnecessary costs. …
In the world of web design, basic HTML pages are a thing of the past, as everything is experiencing a …